Idea: 279 Title: SNT Voting Dapp Status: Draft Created: 2018-05-21 Requires (*optional): 172-topic-democracy
Provide Status users with a dApp to vote on ideas using their SNT thru carbon voting, without affecting their token balance.
- Lead Contributor: @3esmit
- Contributor: @Barry
- Contributor: @rramos
- PM (required for user-facing): @rachelhamlin
- UX(R) (required for user-facing swarms):
We want to provide a mechanism for SNT Holders to be able to vote on proposals and features using their token balance.
Each token represents 1 vote, and the balance can be allocated proportionally between the different options a proposal may have, in order to determine the interest level and priorize features.
Requirements & Dependencies
The final goal for this DApp is to be managed via Liquid Democracy. Idea #172 needs to be implemented before the final iteration of this swarm is completed
Minimum Viable Product
Goal Date: 2018-07-29
Description: For the initial delivery, these are the minimum features proposed:
- UI to list all items subject to votation
- UI to allow SNT holders to vote / cancel vote
- UI to view details about an item
- UI to create voting items by the contract owner
- Use contracts from Idea #172 for creation of proposals and to handle voting.
- After N blocks a votation is closed and results tabulated
Goal Date: TBD
- Design / Prototypes are created
- Design and layout of dApp is updated
- SNT holders may create items to vote
- Proposals may contain different options, and SNT can be allocated among them.
Goal Date: TBD
- UI for vote delegation is created
- Vote tabulation based on Liquid Democracy
- Multiple choice polls can be created
Initial emphasis is on deliver a working product with no bugs at contract level and no critical bugs for the UI
- Items to vote on can be created
- Users can browse on the different proposals
- Users can vote with their SNT tokens
- Users can cancel their vote
- After a votation period ends, votes are tabulated correctly.
- Launch voting DApp in the mainnet
- Users are able to vote on ideas
Copyright and related rights waived via CC0.