Idea: 154 Title: Support web3.js library Status: Completed Created: 2018-04-09
Ensure that any DApp that works in Metamask also works in Status by providing web3.js library support.
- Lead Contributor: @flexsurfer
- Contributor: @dmitryn
- Contributor: @mandrigin
- Contributor: @dshulyak
- Testing & Evaluation:
- PM: @rachelhamlin
- UX: N/A
A fundamental step in supporting the developer ecosystem is to ensure that any existing DApp loads and is operable in the Status browser.
- Developers who want to develop a new HTML DApp for Ethereum from scratch
- Developers of existing HTML DApps that work on desktop with Metamask
- Users exploring DApps in Status
There are a number of bugs preventing this currently. In addition to resolving any known issues, we will provide support for the web3.js library.
Developers testing on Status should find that any mobile-optimized HTML DApp is compatible.
Users can load, log in to, and transact inside any DApp using the Status browser.
Requirements & Dependencies
#3174: Some Android devices can’t find web3 library
#2704: Personal sign message support (CryptoKitties blocker)
#784: Contract handler not called after contract deployment
#3823: Sync calls are not supported in Status
#2479: web3 filters don’t work with Status chat bot
Minimum Viable Product
- Fix known issues.
- Support web3.js library v.0.20.3
Testing days required:
Swarm closed 2018-05-14.
- Test cases defined for web3.js v.0.20.3
- Known issues closed
- All tests pass QA
- Every Selected DApp works (loads, logs in, transacts)
- Support web3.js 1.0
Copyright and related rights waived via CC0.